Safeguard your business against catastrophic liability claims. The policy acts as additional coverage over your primary liability policies. Its limits apply in addition to that provided by the underlying coverage. A Commercial Lines Umbrella covers business activities and excludes personal activities.
Additional coverages that may be obtained on an umbrella policy:
- Non-Owned Aircraft - applies when an employee owns or uses a private plane, and causes an accident.
- Non-Owned Watercraft - applies when an employee owns or uses a watercraft, and causes an accident.
- Blanket Contractual - includes coverage for oral contracts even if the underlying liability doesn't.
- Legal liability for damage caused by the insured to property in his care, custody and control, adding to and broadening other coverages.
- Broader wording of personal injury to include such things as sexual harassment, wrongful discharge from employment, and unintentional discrimination.
- Employee Benefits Liability, for errors in the administration of benefit programs, even if not insured in the underlying coverages.
- Broad treatment of foreign liability.